Hello, my name is Susan Bishop. I teach at Northside High School in Fort Smith, Arkansas. This is my first time to attend the ARA Literacy Conference.
One reason I am glad I was able to attend this conference is that my love of teaching reading has been renewed. Many of my students struggle with reading or wanting to read, and I need lots of tools and ideas to help them. These past two days have given me a plethora of strategies to use with my students.
Another reason this conference has been valuable is that I have gotten to know my colleagues better. We learned more about each other on the early-morning car ride to Little Rock on Thursday. We also had fun eating at Bruno's Little Italy Thursday night.
Even though this is my first Arkansas Reading Association Literary Conference, I hope it is not my last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ARA CONFERENCE: I am excited to go back to my classroom and implement some of the wonderful ideas I've learned into my reading and writ...
-
Assignment: Write a blog post reflecting on your experiences during this conference or on your favorite Google App. Please include the fol...
-
Hello, my name is Zelda. This is a great session on blogging!
-
ARA CONFERENCE: I am excited to go back to my classroom and implement some of the wonderful ideas I've learned into my reading and writ...
No comments:
Post a Comment